Sunday, September 05, 2010

Trash the Dress ~ Julie & Carl




So Julie, Carl & I tracked up to Boulder Falls for their "Trash the Dress" session... we completely forgot that it was Labor Day weekend.... and the place was crowded. So we warmed up with some photos down by the creek first, ever carefully scaling a hillside in Julie's wedding dress! We almost didn't go over to the waterfall because there were so many people, but I decided we came all that way to not get photos there! And the weird thing was when we showed up everyone moved out of the way! It was crazy! I guess they all knew we were doing a professional shoot and they wanted to make sure it was awesome. At one point I turned around and we had a crowd of 15-20 onlookers and it was growing! I think Julie & Carl had a lot of fun too! After we did some falls photos we came down to the park just outside of Boulder... I said "Julie, how do you feel about getting completely wet!" She goes "Sure!" and the next thing I know her and Carl are submerged fully in the water. it was a little warmer down there, plus I knew the pools would be bigger with less current. Luckily it was a very hot weekend!

The very next day the first Boulder fire started and they shut all the roads up to the falls, so I feel fortunate to have taken these photos when we did. I haven't been up there since the fire and I have no idea if the fire hit that area or not. If it did this will also be a great photo for posterity as I'm sure it will take years for the area to recover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home