Sunday, October 17, 2010

Portraits ~ Wheeler Family

Ah, Fall... the wondrous time of year when the leaves change color and the temperature starts to get colder! And I start to get many family portraits in anticipation for holiday cards! Getting to photograph the Wheeler family has been exciting to me! I photographed Anthony & Colleen's wedding back in 2006, so this is the first time I've met their new edition! What a handful! But also so much fun! The more photos I do of little guys the better I get acquainted with their little quirks! Here are some suggestions I have for making their photo sessions run smoothly whether they are with me or someone else: 1.) Try to make nap time as close as possible to their session time. If they wake up refreshed and ready to go, more than likely they will be much happier in their photos. 2.) Bring something that grabs their attention: a favorite toy, something that makes noise, etc. 3.) Let the kids be kids... and don't rush them, some of my favorite photos are of children having fun. If your session is going to run an hour plan on 2 hours just to make sure you have plenty of time in case your child gets cranky so you can allow for time for the crankiness to wear off. 4.) An extra shirt or outfit is also always suggested in case of spills or getting dirty!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home